Sunday, November 1, 2009

I don't know where to begin...

So I suppose I'll begin with an update on the baby status. I went to the doctor on Thursday and I'm not any more dilated than I was over a week ago, so they said I can go back to work as long as I take it easy. "Modified bed rest" if you will. Whatever! Hopefully they don't change their minds when I go in again on Tuesday. I suppose when I go to work on Monday I'll just have to make sure to scan plenty of stuff that I can work on from home the rest of the week if need be.

Now on to Halloween...

Once again we had zero Trick-or-Treaters. I fell asleep on the couch at 9:00 p.m. while Tim was experimenting with the surround sound speaker locations, and Tim didn't feel like waking me up when he finished at 9:30ish so we could go have Blizzards like we planned. That was pretty sad. But, Tim did carve our first Jack-O-Lantern of our married lives! Here are some pictures of his handiwork.
He's got some serious skills, huh? Oh, wait... That was a picture of Howie standing right in the way when I was trying to get a photo of Jack.

Here's Jack.


Such a good-looking pumpkin, but still not enough to woo the Trick-or-Treaters to our house.

This last week has been a cool one for this time of year in the Valley of the Sun. The temperatures have only been up into the seventies during the day and have dipped down into the fifties at night. Tim and I finally had to put a blanket on the bed for the first time since March or April. While the cooler weather has made Howie somewhat more frisky than he is in the summer months, I don't think he particularly enjoys the cool mornings and evenings. One day this past week I emptied the warm clothes from the dryer onto the bed and walked away for a minute, and when I came back, this is what I found.


He's nuts! And I sure like it!

1 comment:

Mak said...

I love that Howie! I'm so glad to hear that Squirt has decided to stick around where he/she belongs. We'll keep praying that he/she stays that way!!

We only got like 3 trick-or-treater's too. Boring!