Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The latest...

If Tim were home right now, I'd have him take another baby belly picture, since I may not have my belly much longer! Aahhh! It's scary to think about. We're less than three weeks from the due date, and baby can come at any time as far as the doctor is concerned. She gave me permission to resume normal activities at 35 weeks and now we're at 37 weeks. Now when baby comes it will be considered full term. Hooray! Let's just all pray that baby hangs around inside of me until December 1 for a number of reasons!

1. Tim and I want to go to Yuma for Thanksgiving with his sister and her family. He has another sister who is going to be there for the holiday as well, so it sounds like a super-fun time and we hate missing super-fun times!

2. Tim and I want to attend his niece's baptism on Saturday - also in Yuma!

3. Benefits at work don't kick in unless baby stays in until December 1. We need benefits!

Based on the exam at my doctor appointment today I am dilated to 3 cm and 50% effaced. Lots of people have been skeptical Squirt is going to hang out until December 1. But we've been having little heart-to-heart talks, Squirt and I, and I've been telling him/her that he/she just needs to wait a little longer to make his/her debut for a lot of good reasons. I'm not 100% sure he/she has been listening, but there hasn't been any back-talking. That's a good sign, right?

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh I hope the little one waits till after December 1st to come for you! Good luck and I can't wait to see pics of the little one!

Shaunie said...

Come on little Squirt, stay in there until tomorrow! Kira, I am so excited for you! I have asked before and I will ask again, what is your address?

Jeanna said...

So? It's the 3rd. What's happening? Did Squirt decide to come yet?

grammie kim said...

congratulations on the baby. courtney sent me the pictures and video, and was so excited to see how cute she is, and jealous that the weather there is so much nicer than here and your parents are there. Didn't know until the concert with ryan and courtney that you had had the baby, that was saturday, any way congratulations, she is a cutie. enjoy your mom and the help while you can