Thursday, November 5, 2009

Baby update and a rug.

So the baby news is that there is no baby news! Which is a good thing at 34 weeks. I went to my doctor appointment last Tuesday and my doctor was quite pleased that I am still pregnant. So am I. (Mostly. But it's starting to be quite uncomfortable to be pregnant, so it's good I'm close to the end!)The doc was also quite pleased that I'm still only dilated to 1.5 cm and thought she was being quite generous by telling me I'm allowed to do light stuff around the house like cooking dinner and making short trips to the grocery store. Still no vacuuming or sweeping and mopping though. Sorry Tim! Anyway, I'm thinking that if that is all she is allowing me to do, she and the PA I saw last Thursday (who said I can go back to work if I take it easy) haven't really gotten together to compare notes, etc. about my "condition" and what I'm allowed or not allowed to do. So I didn't mention to my doctor that I'm back at work this week, and she didn't tell me I can't go to work and we're both happy. What she doesn't know, won't hurt her and I haven't gone into labor yet from being at work, so I think I'm okay.

On a different note, here are a few pictures of the area rug Tim and I bought a few weeks ago, for a screaming deal!





A couple of things:

1. I know they are practically the same photo. The photos from the other angles don't show the rug as well though.

2. I probably should have tidied up a bit before taking these pictures to post to my blog, but I had just done so the previous day and I was too annoyed at how the hot chocolate table had exploded overnight to tidy up again. And besides, I'm supposed to be "taking it easy"!

3. I also know the rug doesn't so much match the furniture, which I am really okay with for a number of reasons: I want new furniture anyway; in order to prolong the life of the current furniture, before we obtain said new furniture, we're going to get a new slip cover for the Ikea couch, and Project! We're going to refinish the hot chocolate table! I'm making Tim wait to start that project until after I'm done being pregnant so I can participate! Oh the possibilites this new rug has opened up in our lives! It's ridiculous how excited it makes me!

3 comments:

Kari Ann said...

I am absolutely in love with that rug. Nice purchase

Mak said...

Kira, Kira, Kira. The point is to get Tim to do the hard stuff (a.k.a. refinishing the chocolate table) BEFORE you are done being preggo and bed rest.

I've finished enough furniture in my life to know that I will avoid it at all costs in the future.

Happy to hear that you are still pregnant! And I love the rug, too!

Tennille said...

I agree with Mak. Besides, then it will just be done.