Wednesday, March 17, 2010

My stupid dog!

I took Howie outside to take care of his business for the last time at around 10:00 p.m. on Sunday. Being the sometimes good little dog that he is, he got right to work taking care of his business. And then along came a stupid cat, which let out a very unprovoked yowl upon discovering Howie's presence.

There isn't much that Howie loves more than chasing cats, so when the cat alerted Howie to his presence (oh yes, he was a boy cat), Howie tore off after him - stopped mid-business to chase the dumb animal, in fact.

Well, I've told Howie again and again that if he ever gets into a fight with a creature of the feline persuasion, he is going to lose. They are meaner than Howie and they are sharper too. Obviously, Howie didn't listen. He chased the cat and did manage to corner it. The first cat he's ever cornered that I'm aware of. They usually just jump on the wall that surrounds our townhome development and away they go. Not this time, and after cornering the cat, Howie came off the loser.

Don't worry. He didn't bleed or anything! At first I only assumed he was the loser because after he cornered the cat, Howie was the contender who ran away from the fight. So we went in the house. Then I smelled him. OH THE STENCH!! He smelled just like a litter-box! The stupid cat had sprayed him! Not even a bath helped Howie to smell better! Then Howie thought I would let him sleep in Kadri's room! Idiot! Not on his life!

Perhaps the next time he has the opportunity to chase a cat he'll stop and think twice about it and consider that I'm not kidding when I tell him he'll lose if he ends up in a fight with the cat. But I doubt it. He's just not that smart.

No comments: