Saturday, January 23, 2010

Isn't he the best?

A lot of things have been happening around here lately.

1. Arizona is finally having some weather to report. I think the meteorologists around here are really have to dig deep into the dark recesses of their minds where anything they've learned about the weather other than, "It's going to be another sunny day!" has been stored. Rain and snow like crazy! (Of course no snow here in the Valley of the Sun, but in the higher elevations... Look out!)

2. One of my best friends, whom I've known forever, had a baby shower this weekend. The shower took place in Prescott, which is about an hour and a half north of Phoenix. And I got to go! Hooray!

3. Kadri still isn't sleeping through the night, which means I'm not sleeping through the night, and I'm utterly perplexed as to how Tim always seems to manage to sleep through her fussing. I thought he was the light sleeper of the two of us!

Anyway, the culmination of all these happenings is that I was a little nervous about driving to Prescott all by me onesie for the baby shower, given that the weather could be ugly, and I could be very tired. Tim wasn't available to come with me, so I called my sister to see if she wanted to go. She couldn't. But she provided me with the next best thing other than company. The prayers of her seven year old son.

She called last night to say she couldn't accompany me and told me that my nephew, included me when he was saying their family prayer. It apparently went something like this: Please bless that Kira will be safe if she goes to the baby WASH. Ba ha ha!

Thank goodness for the prayers and faith of seven-year-old boys! I made it to the baby wash entirely without incident! He really is the best!

2 comments:

Clare said...

Kira someday if I am extra lucky and eventually meet a man that actually realizes I am alive and we get married and have a baby, will you come to my baby wash?

Aiden and Josh said...

Ha ha! How tender! Little boys are the best and clare I want to come to your baby wash! Kira, when you have baby 2 I want to come to your baby wash! ha ha!