Monday, February 2, 2009

Transplant Rejection

I think I'm going to have to change the name of my blog. I don't think that the transplant has taken. It may possibly even be in the process of being rejected.

I figure the transplant didn't take because if I really stop and think about, or to be more honest, without even stopping to think about it, I can say that I really don't care that the Cardinals made it to the Super Bowl. I'm even a little bit happy that they lost. Possibly some angst a co-worker of mine has toward the Cardinals has rubbed off on me. Possibly my distaste for the Cardinals comes from the fact that I didn't even know they played football until September. Or maybe it has more to do with my indifference toward football in general. Whatever the case may be, transplanting me to the Phoenix metropolitan area has not been a total success apparently. If it were I might feel a little more pride in the "home team" for making it to the Superbowl, and a little bit of sorrow that they lost. But I just don't. And I'm usually one to cheer for the underdog!

I guess we'll see how the Phoenix Suns season goes. I doubt I'll follow it closely, but that is the one sports team in the Valley that I could support with my whole heart.

2 comments:

Clare said...

Kira you are so funny, don't feel bad that you are not a die hard Phoenician yet...it just might take some more time. I sure miss you!

Mak said...

Tut Tut. Your Uncle David will be SO dissapointed in you. He became a Cards fan when we lived in the Valley- Back when they REALLY sucked (like only won 1 game, sucked).