Saturday, October 17, 2009

Itchy, itchy!

So, we were supposed to have another ultrasound this past week so the doctor could measure Squirt and make sure he or she is growing properly. I've told some people to stay tuned to the blog so they could check out the latest pictures that I'm hoping we get to bring home with us. That didn't so much work out though, since I ended up being sick, and they preferred to not have me come into the office if I might pass along my germs to another poor soul, so you get the pictures included in this post instead.

Anyway, I ended up with flu-like symptoms on Sunday - fever of 100+ degrees and general body aches and feeling icky. I'd gotten over another bout with the flu a few weeks previously, and since that episode I'd heard it's common that people who get swine flu will get the flu, then get over it, and a few weeks later you catch the flu again, and the second time around it's bad!

Being slightly paranoid anyway since finding out Squirt is quite small, I decided to call my doctor and see if I should be taking anything or come into the office for a check-up in case it was swine flu. She called back and said whether it's regular flu or swine flu, she just wanted to get me treated and prescribed Tamiflu. Here is the result of said Tamiflu:





The photos are of a section of my baby belly, my upper arms and one of my hands. The photo of my hand doesn't look nearly as bad as it did even earlier in the day, let alone the previous days! The hives started showing up on Monday. On Tuesday I was too itchy to even wear a shirt so I stayed home from work. On Wednesday there was no improvement and by Thursday, when the photos were taken, the hives were finally starting to go away on my arms below my elbows. So there is hope they will all be gone eventually!

The moral of the story: I'd rather have swine flu than take Tamiflu. Ever again!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Ah Kira I am so sorry. That just looks awful and no fun! Hope you are all better by now.

Jessica said...

I feel for you! I get hives frequently, but not this bad. Hope all is well with you, Tim and the baby.

Jeanna said...

Ummm...so you have the swine flue, the regular flu, hives and a job? I've been so out of it. I'm so sorry about your sicknesses.....yuck! Hope you get better soon!