Sunday, October 5, 2008

Our House - Doot doo DOO!

Now that it has been about six ages since I have posted on my blog, I have a lot to catch up on, and will hopefully be doing so over the next (let's be honest here and not commit me to catching up on too much, too fast) several weeks or months. Whatever it turns out to be. I probably won't write too much tonight. I'll post lots of pictures though, since I finally have a few pictures of our house that I can post! So, enough of the chit-chat! Here are the pictures.

Well, I'll say a couple more things, I guess. The first pictures are from our move-in day, June 21st. The rest of the pictures are more recent. Probably within the last two weeks when we finally got pictures on the walls downstairs so it looks decent enough to show to people!

So, without further adieu . . . here are the move in day pictures.























This is our free piano!! The bishop of our ward down here knew we were moving on the same day he gave his wife a baby grand piano for their eighteenth anniversary. So when the new piano was delivered they just had an extra piano and nothing to do with it. Tim got a phone call with their offer for their free, old piano. All we had to do was figure out how to move it.
Fortunately, we had the moving truck and a two other people (thanks Brian and Claudio!!) who were willing to help us haul it up the eighteen stairs from the garage to the living room! You just can't beat a free piano! Thanks Bishop and Sister Bruce!!


This is our free couch! Thanks Brian for looking out for us, and thanks Larry and Nancy Shannon (Brian's parents, and Brian is my brother-in-law) for hooking us up with a great couch! Now that Howie is big enough to get on the furniture there's no keeping him off of it. He loves it!



And now, the more current pictures!



The plant corner! We love plants and have recently started growing some herbs and some vegetables, now that it's not so hot that everything will sprout and then die from the heat!
















4 comments:

Taletha said...

The house looks great! I love how you decorated it. Very classy.

Mak said...

Finally- house pictures!! It looks great- I'm happy for you guys. I love the bar stools!

Erin said...

I was so excited to see a new post from you. It was fun to see your house, looks great! I love your counter tops in the kitchen, are they real granite? And way to go on the free piano, luckies!

Kathy said...

I love what you've done with your house:) (And your dogs ears have always been cute!!) Have fun with the piano.