Saturday, April 18, 2009

We Are All Enlisted. . .

... 'Til the conflict is o'er? Well, I don't know about that. But I did volunteer Tim and myself to go help out with a Habitat For Humanity build that the office manager at my work is in charge of for her church - St. Patrick's something or other. (I'm not sure where my t-shirt is or I could provide a more accurate name.)

We were painting stucco, and we showed up by 6:30ish in the morning and it was cold! Those first few brush strokes were pretty-shaky for me because I was so shivery! Another girl from work, Connie, came too and brought her friend, Amy. It was pretty fun to see her and the office manager in a setting other than work.

I can't remember the name of the group that brought in lunch for us, but for both Tim and I it was our first experience eating bratwurst and we were so pleasantly surprised at how good it tasted for having a name like brat"worst" that we've had them twice with Janelle and Brian and kids since then!

Anyway, here are a few pictures from our day of painting!

No comments: